- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to any competition (“Competition”) promoted by Rooke’s Pet Products (“Rooke’s”).
- Rules specific to each Competition are displayed on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice”) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notices, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- Rooke’s reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Rooke’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or within the Competition Notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Rooke’s and/or the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Entrants must be resident in the United Kingdom and/or the Isle of Man. The contact details provided with the Competition entry (“Entry”) will be used to inform of any prizes. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that all the contact details they supply are current and correct.
- Employees of Rooke’s or any associated company of Rooke’s and their immediate families or any sponsors or persons otherwise connected with the Competition and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Additional eligibility requirements, including but not limited to a valid passport, visa, a driver’s licence and/or insurances, may apply on a Competition-by-Competition basis.
- By entering any competition, an entrant warrants that all information they submit is true, current and complete. Rooke’s reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter any Competition. There is no charge to register with a website, if registration is required as part of the entry process.
- Any unsuitable or inappropriate content submitted as part of an Entry will not be considered eligible for entry and will be deleted without further notice to the entrant.
- Incomplete Entries or those not received before the closing deadline shall be disqualified. Rooke’s shall not accept responsibility for Entries lost through technical fault, transmission delays or postal errors. Proof of submission or postage shall not be deemed automatic proof of receipt.
- Winners may be required to take part in promotional publicity relating to the competition for which reasonable notice and expenses shall be provided. Rooke’s reserves the right to use the names of the winners in any publicity both in print and online.
- In the event of exceptional circumstances beyond its reasonable control, Rooke’s reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of an equal or greater value.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative unless otherwise stipulated. Specific terms and conditions of prizes also apply.
- Winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within twenty-eight (28) days of the closing deadline specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by phone and email within twenty-eight (28) days (unless otherwise specified) from selection. Rooke’s shall make every reasonable endeavour to contact the winner within this time. Should the winner be uncontactable or is otherwise unable to take up the prize, Rooke’s reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve runner up selected at the same time as the original and using the same criteria from the remaining qualifying entries.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Rooke’s reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated in the Competition Notice, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Rooke’s does not, unless agreed with the entrant, claim any rights of ownership in the Entry. As such, the entrant retains ownership and copyright, although Family Week will be able to use Entries in the manner set out in the Rules.
- In consideration of Rooke’s agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant agrees that Rooke’s, and third parties authorised by Rooke’s, may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. Entrants grant Rooke’s, and third parties authorised by Rooke’s, a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purpose.
- Rooke’s does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Rooke’s may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic, for example a risk of infringing the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, or are defamatory, or for any other reason.
- Contact details of all entrants shall be held on the Rooke’s database. By providing their details, entrants are agreeing to receive communications from Rooke’s from which there shall be the option to unsubscribe at any time. Contact details shall not be disclosed or used in any other way. Any information collected by Rooke’s in relation to this promotion is done so under the guidelines of the Data Protection Act and all information is held in accordance with the principles laid down by the Act.
- Competition winners name and county shall be disclosed to anyone who writes, enclosing a stamped address envelope, within six weeks of the closing deadline, with the name of the competition, to Rooke’s, 23 High St. Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 1TX.
- The Entry and any information submitted by the entrant must be personal to and relate specifically to the entrant. The entrant warrants that their Entry and all other information they submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant Rooke’s reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by entrants and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- Rooke’s reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner (including on a retrospective basis) found to have included false information on their application form or if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant or winner has breached any of these terms and conditions. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Rooke’s will decide in its sole discretion whether a replacement should be selected. Any further entrant or winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Entrants should note that, unless stated otherwise, Rooke’s does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Rooke’s reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the competition where necessary and without prior notice due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control. Any such changes shall be posted on the Rooke’s website without unreasonable delay.
- Rooke’s cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Rooke’s is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition. Nothing shall exclude Rooke’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right, if necessary, to amend or withdraw the Promotion due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
Promoter: Rooke’s Pet Products, 23 High St. Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 1TX.
The prizes are as specified and no cash or other alternatives are available. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, prizes will only be available for use by the winners, in person.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Promotion, if it is deemed necessary, due to circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
Prize winners may be required to participate in unpaid publicity associated with this Promotion.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any delays or disruptions to entry caused by any internet service interruption or electronic fault, failure of any software or hardware, or any other network or system. Repeated frozen attempts will be seen as fraudulent attempts to hack into the website or undermine the promotional integrity, and will be investigated. The Promoter reserves the right to freeze entries during the investigation and may delete them if it is concerned for the website’s security or the integrity of the Promotion. The Promoter’s decision to freeze and/or delete any entry is final. If your entry has been deleted, you will not be able to reopen it or participate any further in the Promotion.
The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person who corrupts or affects the proper conduct of the Promotion, attempts to damage the website or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. If such activity is suspected, the Promoter reserves the right to delete offending entries and take appropriate action to recover damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This Promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales.